A lowered sex drive is not a known side effect of the blood pressure medication Benicar HCT (olmesartan and hydrochlorothiazide). However, high blood pressure can itself lead to erectile dysfunction. In studies, men who were experiencing sexual dysfunction who took a medication similar to Benicar HCT reported improvement in their sexual function and quality of life. If you're experiencing sexual difficulties, discuss your concerns with your doctor.
- Q Can I take Benicar HCT if I am breastfeeding?
- Q If I am pregnant, is it safe to take Benicar HCT?
- Q What should I avoid while taking Benicar HCT?
- Q What is Benicar HCT?
- Q How can I minimize the side effects of Benicar HCT?
- Q Who should not take Benicar HCT?