A lowered sex drive is not a known side effect of the blood pressure medication Benicar HCT (olmesartan and hydrochlorothiazide). However, high blood pressure can itself lead to erectile dysfunction. In studies, men who were experiencing sexual dysfunction who took a medication similar to Benicar HCT reported improvement in their sexual function and quality of life. If you're experiencing sexual difficulties, discuss your concerns with your doctor.
- Q Can I take Benicar HCT if I am breastfeeding?
- Q Is there a generic version of Benicar HCT?
- Q How can I minimize the side effects of Benicar HCT?
- Q How should I take Benicar HCT?
- Q What should I know if I take Benicar HCT?
- Q What happens if I miss a dose of Benicar HCT?