A lowered sex drive is not a known side effect of the blood pressure medication Benicar HCT (olmesartan and hydrochlorothiazide). However, high blood pressure can itself lead to erectile dysfunction. In studies, men who were experiencing sexual dysfunction who took a medication similar to Benicar HCT reported improvement in their sexual function and quality of life. If you're experiencing sexual difficulties, discuss your concerns with your doctor.
- Q Are there any risks in taking Benicar HCT?
- Q What should I know about Benicar HCT before taking it?
- Q How can I minimize the side effects of Benicar HCT?
- Q What medical conditions affect my use of Benicar HCT?
- Q What should seniors know before using Benicar HCT?
- Q Is it possible to overdose on Benicar HCT?