A lowered sex drive is not a known side effect of the blood pressure medication Benicar HCT (olmesartan and hydrochlorothiazide). However, high blood pressure can itself lead to erectile dysfunction. In studies, men who were experiencing sexual dysfunction who took a medication similar to Benicar HCT reported improvement in their sexual function and quality of life. If you're experiencing sexual difficulties, discuss your concerns with your doctor.
- Q What should I do if I miss a dose of Benicar HCT?
- Q Who should not take Benicar HCT?
- Q Is there a generic version of Benicar HCT?
- Q Is weight gain a side effect of Benicar HCT?
- Q What medical conditions affect my use of Benicar HCT?
- Q Who should take Benicar HCT?