What is the generic name for Cardene SR?

The generic name for Cardene SR is nicardipine hydrochloride. Cardene SR is a sustained-release formulation of nicardipine hydrochloride that is taken in pill form. This drug, used to treat high blood pressure, belongs to a class of drugs called calcium channel blockers. Cardene SR blocks calcium buildup in the blood vessels allowing them to relax so that blood pressure decreases.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

What should I know before taking candesartan?
It is not known whether candesartan is safe or effective for children and adolescents under age 18. ...
What should I know before taking beta blockers?
Beta blockers are recommended for at least 3 years after a heart attack. Some experts recommend cont...
Can sexual health issues signal other medical conditions?
Bonnie Lynn Wright, PhDBonnie Lynn Wright, PhD
All aspects of health are interrelated. Your sexual health will probably be impacted in some way by ...
What are angiotensin receptor blockers for diabetes management?
Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) block the effects of the hormone angiotensin. They help to lowe...