Is angioedema a side effect of Univasc?

Some people who take Univasc (moexipril) experience an allergic-type reaction called angioedema, which causes swelling of the face, hands, feet, eyes or mouth. If the swelling involves the throat, it can cause difficulty in breathing, and can even be fatal. The risk is greatest in African-Americans. If you experience any swelling of your face, call your doctor right away.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

Can I take Diovan if I'm allergic to sulfa drugs?
MediGuardMediGuard
Diovan may be taken by someone with sulfa allergy. Although rare, it is important to note that peopl...
What are possible side effects of beta blockers?
Dr. Egilius L. Spierings, MDDr. Egilius L. Spierings, MD
Side effects of beta blockers can include fatigue, dizziness, cold hands and feet, exercise intolera...
What is aliskiren?
Aliskiren (Tekturna) acts on a kidney enzyme (renin) to reduce angiotensin and aldosterone. These ar...
Do thiazide diuretics have any side effects?
Brad AdkinsBrad Adkins
Thiazides are a class of medications which work in the kidneys to increase the amout of salt and wat...