If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Avalide?

It is not safe to use the blood pressure medication Avalide (irbesartan and hydrochlorothiazide) if you're pregnant. The drug may cause serious harm or be fatal to a developing fetus. If you become pregnant, stop taking Avalide and call your doctor immediately.   

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

How effective are angiotensin receptor blockers for high blood pressure?
ARBs lower blood pressure as effectively as other blood pressure medications. The different ARBs tha...
What should I know about aliskiren before taking it?
If you are breastfeeding, do not use aliskiren. It is not known if this drug can be passed into brea...
What are beta-blockers?
Beta blockers reduce the heart's workload and are used for high blood pressure, chest pain and to pr...
Do thiazide diuretics have any side effects?
Brad AdkinsBrad Adkins
Thiazides are a class of medications which work in the kidneys to increase the amout of salt and wat...