If I am pregnant, is it safe to take Avapro?

Avapro (irbesartan) should not be taken during pregnancy. This drug has a boxed warning that it can cause serious harm, and even death, to a developing fetus. It's especially dangerous during the second and third trimesters. Tell your doctor you're pregnant if he or she wants to prescribe Avapro for you so that a safer medication can be found. If you become pregnant while you're on Avapro, stop taking it as soon as you find out and call your doctor. Avapro is prescribed to control high blood pressure and to treat kidney disease caused by type 2 diabetes.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

Can I take Diovan if I'm allergic to sulfa drugs?
If you are allergic to sulfa drugs, talk to your doctor before taking Diovan (valsartan), a drug pre...
What should I know before taking angiotensin receptor blockers?
ARBs are not recommended for people with normal blood pressure and kidney function measures. An ARB...
What should I know before taking beta blockers?
Beta blockers are recommended for at least 3 years after a heart attack. Some experts recommend cont...
Do thiazide diuretics have any side effects?
Brad AdkinsBrad Adkins
Thiazides are a class of medications which work in the kidneys to increase the amout of salt and wat...