How should I use Catapres TTS (clonidine)?

Catarpes TTS is administered in the form of a patch or a pill. Take the pill as directed by your doctor. If you use the patch, you should apply the patch onto freshly cleaned and dry skin on your upper arm, back, or chest. Make sure the area is hairless and free of bruises or lesions. Typically, the patch should be removed and replaced once a week, and you should change the location where the patch is applied from week to week. Make sure to cover the active side of the patch when you dispose of it. So, fold the sticky parts together before you throw it away in the garbage. This will avoid accidentally exposing children or animals to the medication.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

Do thiazide diuretics have any side effects?
Brad AdkinsBrad Adkins
Thiazides are a class of medications which work in the kidneys to increase the amout of salt and wat...
How effective are angiotensin receptor blockers for high blood pressure?
ARBs lower blood pressure as effectively as other blood pressure medications. The different ARBs tha...
What are side effects of aliskiren?
Side effects of aliskiren may include swelling of the face, lips, tongue, throat, hands, and feet. O...
What should I know before I take clonidine?
If you have Buerger disease, a depressive disorder, a stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA), or ...