How can I minimize the side effects of Teveten?

You can minimize the side effects of Teveten (eprosartan), which is used to treat high blood pressure, by taking it as prescribed. Do not take more or less of it or take it more or less often than directed.

To reduce the risk of side effects from drug interactions, tell your doctor about your other prescription and nonprescription medications, as well as any vitamins, supplements or herbal products that you take. If you use a potassium-containing salt substitute while you're on Teveten, it may raise your blood potassium to dangerous levels. You shouldn't use a salt substitute that contains potassium while you're on Teveten, unless your doctor tells you that you should.

Before you start taking Teveten, give your doctor a complete medical history. Be sure to let him or her know if you have or have ever had kidney disease or heart failure. Tell your doctor if you're allergic to eprosartan, any of Teveten's other ingredients or any other drugs.

This drug may cause you to feel dizzy, lightheaded or faint if you stand too quickly. It can help if you rise slowly to standing.

Inform your doctor of any symptoms that bother you or don't go away. Your doctor may adjust the dose of your medication to ease side effects. Call your doctor immediately if you experience any of these more serious symptoms:
  • swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles or lower legs
  • hoarseness
  • trouble breathing or swallowing
  • chest pain

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

How are calcium channel blocker used to treat coronary artery disease?
Calcium channel blockers reduce the constriction of arteries and increase blood flow to the heart mu...
How do calcium channel blockers help manage heart failure?
The calcium channel blockers diltiazem and verapamil can be used for people with diastolic heart fai...
What should I know about aliskiren before taking it?
If you are breastfeeding, do not use aliskiren. It is not known if this drug can be passed into brea...
How can clonidine help me quit smoking?
Clonidine (Catapres) is a medication made to treat high blood pressure. It has also been used for qu...