In what forms can amlodipine besylate and benazepril be taken?

Amlodipine and benazepril is available in capsule form under the brand name Lotrel. Lotrel is prescribed to control high blood pressure (hypertension). Amlodipine is a type of drug called a calcium channel blocker, and benazepril is a type of drug called an ACE (angiotensin converting enzyme) inhibitor. Both relax blood vessels to allow blood to flow more easily.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

How are calcium channel blocker used to treat coronary artery disease?
Calcium channel blockers reduce the constriction of arteries and increase blood flow to the heart mu...
What are side effects of aliskiren?
Side effects of aliskiren may include swelling of the face, lips, tongue, throat, hands, and feet. O...
Can I take Micardis if I have diabetes?
If you have diabetes, you likely can take Micardis (telmisartan) to treat your high blood pressure, ...
What drugs may interact with calcium channel blockers?
If you... Are taking a beta blocker or a QTc interval prolonging drug - Calcium channel blockers ...