How soon after taking Dilt-CD (diltiazem) will my symptoms improve?

You may need to take Dilt-CD for two weeks or longer before you see any improvements. If you are taking Dilt-CD (diltiazem) to manage high blood pressure (hypertension), you must keep taking it as your doctor prescribes. If you stop taking the medication, your hypertension will be uncontrolled, which can lead to heart and blood vessel disease, kidney disease or stroke.

It may take up to two weeks before you have less chest pain if you are taking Dilt-CD for angina. If you continue to experience chest pain after two weeks, talk to your doctor about adjusting the dose or switching to another medication. If your symptoms improve, don’t stop taking Dilt-CD or your chest pain will return.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

What should I know before taking angiotensin receptor blockers?
ARBs are not recommended for people with normal blood pressure and kidney function measures. An ARB...
Do thiazide diuretics have any side effects?
Brad AdkinsBrad Adkins
Thiazides are a class of medications which work in the kidneys to increase the amout of salt and wat...
How are calcium channel blocker used to treat coronary artery disease?
Calcium channel blockers reduce the constriction of arteries and increase blood flow to the heart mu...
What should I know about aliskiren before taking it?
If you are breastfeeding, do not use aliskiren. It is not known if this drug can be passed into brea...