Can I take Micardis if I am taking potassium supplements?

If you are taking ramipril (brand name Altace), it is not recommended that you take the blood pressure medication Micardis (telmisartan) as well. Ramipril is an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor that is also used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). Research shows that the combination of Micardis and Altace increases the risk for kidney problems and may lead to kidney failure.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

How do clonidine tablets interact with other medications or food?
Clonidine may interact with the following medications, and should be avoided: azelastine nasal sp...
How effective is candesartan for treating migraines?
Guidelines published by the American Headache Society state that candesartan is probably effective f...
How do calcium channel blockers help manage heart failure?
The calcium channel blockers diltiazem and verapamil can be used for people with diastolic heart fai...
What are angiotensin receptor blockers for diabetes management?
Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) block the effects of the hormone angiotensin. They help to lowe...