How soon after taking Benicar will my symptoms improve?

It may take a while to find the right dosage of Benicar (olmesartan medoxomil) for you. Usually a doctor will start with the lowest dose and increase it if it is not working well. It is possible to have a big drop in blood pressure soon after you start taking Benicar. You may have some dizziness while you are adjusting to the medicine as well. You will need to monitor your blood pressure regularly, since you can’t actually feel the symptoms of high blood pressure. And just because you may feel better overall doesn’t mean you can stop taking the medicine. It may be a life-long treatment.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

Who should take a calcium channel blocker for high blood pressure?
Calcium channel blockers and diuretics are often considered good treatment choices for older people ...
What is aliskiren?
Aliskiren (Tekturna) acts on a kidney enzyme (renin) to reduce angiotensin and aldosterone. These ar...
Which patients are prescribed antihypertensive medicines?
Janice M. Boughton, MDJanice M. Boughton, MD
Most physicians will consider starting antihypertensive medication (blood pressure medicines) to pat...
What should I know before taking beta blockers?
Beta blockers are recommended for at least 3 years after a heart attack. Some experts recommend cont...