What should I know about Avapro before taking it?

Avapro should not be taken if you are pregnant. Use of this drug during pregnancy has been shown to cause harm and even death to the fetus. Do not take this drug if you are allergic to irbesartan, the active ingredient in Avapro. Prior to taking this drug, let your doctor know if you have kidney, liver, or heart disease or are dehydrated. Any of these conditions may require your doctor to adjust dosing instructions or require special tests to make sure the medicine is working safely. Rarely, this drug can cause skeletal muscle tissue to break down, which can cause kidney failure. Tell your doctor about any supplements or over-the-counter medication you're taking before you begin to take Avapro.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

What is aliskiren?
Aliskiren (Tekturna) acts on a kidney enzyme (renin) to reduce angiotensin and aldosterone. These ar...
What are beta-blockers?
Beta blockers reduce the heart's workload and are used for high blood pressure, chest pain and to pr...
What should I know before taking beta blockers?
Beta blockers are recommended for at least 3 years after a heart attack. Some experts recommend cont...
What are side effects of aliskiren?
Side effects of aliskiren may include swelling of the face, lips, tongue, throat, hands, and feet. O...