Who should use Betoptic S?

Betoptic S ophthalmic suspension is intended for people with increased intracoular pressure or glaucoma. High fluid pressure in the eyes is the cause of glaucoma, which can lead to permanent eye damage or vision loss. Betoptic lowers pressure in the eyes by decreasing the amount of fluid your eyes produce.  You're at higher risk for glaucoma if you're over 60 years old, African-American, have a family history of glaucoma, are nearsighted or have medical conditions such as high blood pressure or diabetes. Schedule regular eye exams to monitor the health of your eyes and talk to your doctor about whether Betoptic is right for you.

Continue Learning about Antiglaucoma

Is there a generic version of Travatan Z?
There is no generic version of Travatan Z (travoprost), a prescription eyedrop to treat glaucoma as ...
When should I use pilocarpine eye inserts?
You should use pilocarpine inserts at night before you go to bed, unless your doctor tells you diffe...
What should I know before taking a cholinergic agonist?
If you have asthma, cholinergic agonists may not be good options for you. If your asthma is severe, ...
Do cholinergic agonists have any side effects?
Side effects may include fatigue, insomnia, excess sweating, hot flashes, excess saliva, nose or lun...