What is methazolamide?

Methazolamide is a prescription medication that is used to treat glaucoma. It belongs to the class of drugs called carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, which act by reducing the amount of carbonic anhydrase protein in the body. This helps lessen the amount of fluid in the eyes and reduces pressure. You should take methazolamide regularly to get the best effect. It should be taken with a full glass of water, and can be taken with or without food.

Continue Learning about Antiglaucoma

What are cholinergic agonists?
Cholinergic agonist medications stimulate the involuntary nervous system. This helps the lacrimal gl...
What should I know before taking a cholinergic agonist?
If you have asthma, cholinergic agonists may not be good options for you. If your asthma is severe, ...
When should I use pilocarpine eye inserts?
You should use pilocarpine inserts at night before you go to bed, unless your doctor tells you diffe...
Do cholinergic agonists have any side effects?
Side effects may include fatigue, insomnia, excess sweating, hot flashes, excess saliva, nose or lun...