What is Latisse (bimatoprost ophthalmic)?

Latisse (bimatoprost ophthalmic) is a medicated solution that is applied to the eyelashes for the purpose of making them thicker, longer, and darker. Latisse treats a condition called hypotrichosis, which basically means insufficient eyelashes. Latisse is the brand name of bimatoprost, which was discovered in a drug used to treat glaucoma when the people who used it grew more eyelashes.

Debra Jaliman, MD
Dermatology

Latisse is a product that grows eyelashes by extending the growth cycle of the lashes, creating longer, thicker eyelashes. In this video, dermatologist Debra Jaliman, MD, explains how the product works, how to apply it and how often you can use it. 

Continue Learning about Antiglaucoma

Is there a generic version of Travatan Z?
There is no generic version of Travatan Z (travoprost), a prescription eyedrop to treat glaucoma as ...
When should I use pilocarpine eye inserts?
You should use pilocarpine inserts at night before you go to bed, unless your doctor tells you diffe...
Do cholinergic agonists have any side effects?
Side effects may include fatigue, insomnia, excess sweating, hot flashes, excess saliva, nose or lun...
What should I know before taking a cholinergic agonist?
If you have asthma, cholinergic agonists may not be good options for you. If your asthma is severe, ...