What is dorzolamide/timolol?

Dorzolamide/timolol (brand name: Cosopt) is a prescription combination drug used to treat open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertension. Its components, dorzolamide (a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor) and timolol (a beta-blocker), work together to lower the high pressure inside the eye associated with these conditions. This drug is available in the form of eye drops, and it works by decreasing the amount of fluid in the eye. Dorzolamide/timolol is classified as an ophthalmic glaucoma agent.

Continue Learning about Antiglaucoma

What should I know before taking a cholinergic agonist?
If you have asthma, cholinergic agonists may not be good options for you. If your asthma is severe, ...
Is there a generic version of Travatan Z?
There is no generic version of Travatan Z (travoprost), a prescription eyedrop to treat glaucoma as ...
When should I use pilocarpine eye inserts?
You should use pilocarpine inserts at night before you go to bed, unless your doctor tells you diffe...
Do cholinergic agonists have any side effects?
Side effects may include fatigue, insomnia, excess sweating, hot flashes, excess saliva, nose or lun...