What is Alphagan-P?

Alphagan-P is the brand name for an eye drop solution containing the active ingredient brimonidine. It is used to lower pressure in eyes of people with ocular hypertension or open-angle glaucoma. When high pressure in the eye is not reduced, the optic nerve can get damaged and lead to vision loss, this is called glaucoma. Alphagan-P reduces the pressure by decreasing both the inflow and the outflow of aqueous humour, the fluid in the eye.

Continue Learning about Antiglaucoma

When should I use pilocarpine eye inserts?
You should use pilocarpine inserts at night before you go to bed, unless your doctor tells you diffe...
Is there a generic version of Travatan Z?
There is no generic version of Travatan Z (travoprost), a prescription eyedrop to treat glaucoma as ...
Do cholinergic agonists have any side effects?
Side effects may include fatigue, insomnia, excess sweating, hot flashes, excess saliva, nose or lun...
What should I know before taking a cholinergic agonist?
If you have asthma, cholinergic agonists may not be good options for you. If your asthma is severe, ...