Advertisement

What should I do if I overdose on apraclonidine?

You are not likely to overdose on apraclonidine if you just use it in your eyes. However, if you accidentally swallow some apraclonidine, then you may have the following symptoms:

  • irregular heart rhythms
  • irregular breathing patterns and low rate of breathing
  • slow heart rate
  • low blood pressure
  • dry mouth
  • irritability
  • sleepiness
  • vomiting
  • seizures

If you swallow apraclonidine accidentally, call the Poison Control Center at 800-222-1222 immediately or call 911.

Continue Learning about Antiglaucoma

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.