What is carbachol intraocular solution?

Carbachol intraocular solution is a medication used during eye surgery to constrict the pupil. It is given as an intraocular injection, meaning it is injected into the eyeball. This drug also reduces pressure in the eye for the first 24 hours after cataract surgery. Carbachol intraocular solution is the generic name for the active ingredient in the brand-name drug Miostat. Carbachol intraocular solution is used only by the eye doctor during surgery. It is not a consumer product.

Continue Learning about Antiglaucoma

What should I know before taking a cholinergic agonist?
If you have asthma, cholinergic agonists may not be good options for you. If your asthma is severe, ...
Do cholinergic agonists have any side effects?
Side effects may include fatigue, insomnia, excess sweating, hot flashes, excess saliva, nose or lun...
When should I use pilocarpine eye inserts?
You should use pilocarpine inserts at night before you go to bed, unless your doctor tells you diffe...
Is there a generic version of Travatan Z?
There is no generic version of Travatan Z (travoprost), a prescription eyedrop to treat glaucoma as ...