What is bimatoprost ophthalmic solution 0.03% for hypotrichosis?

Bimatoprost ophthalmic solution for hypotrichosis (brand name Latisse) is an eye treatment specially packaged for drug application to the eyelid skin at the lash line. It is a prostaglandin analog medication that was originally developed (Lumigan) to treat glaucoma. One side effect became desirable: it increases the quantity of eyelash hairs that grow and increases their longevity. Hypotrichosis is a condition in which eyelash growth is inadequate.

Continue Learning about Antiglaucoma

When should I use pilocarpine eye inserts?
You should use pilocarpine inserts at night before you go to bed, unless your doctor tells you diffe...
What should I know before taking a cholinergic agonist?
If you have asthma, cholinergic agonists may not be good options for you. If your asthma is severe, ...
Is there a generic version of Travatan Z?
There is no generic version of Travatan Z (travoprost), a prescription eyedrop to treat glaucoma as ...
Do cholinergic agonists have any side effects?
Side effects may include fatigue, insomnia, excess sweating, hot flashes, excess saliva, nose or lun...