How can I manage side effects of pilocarpine?

You can manage the side effects of pilocarpine by following directions carefully and only taking the amount you need. Do not skip doses and do not double up on doses if you miss one. Take it with a full glass of water, and while you are taking pilocarpine, drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration. Be careful to avoid exhaustion when exercising or whenever you are outside in humid or warm temperatures. Talk to your doctor about additional ways to manage the side effects of pilocarpine.

Continue Learning about Antiglaucoma

What are cholinergic agonists?
Cholinergic agonist medications stimulate the involuntary nervous system. This helps the lacrimal gl...
Is there a generic version of Travatan Z?
There is no generic version of Travatan Z (travoprost), a prescription eyedrop to treat glaucoma as ...
Do cholinergic agonists have any side effects?
Side effects may include fatigue, insomnia, excess sweating, hot flashes, excess saliva, nose or lun...
What should I know before taking a cholinergic agonist?
If you have asthma, cholinergic agonists may not be good options for you. If your asthma is severe, ...