What should I know about Lumigan before using it?

Before using Lumigan you should know that the drug does not cure or prevent glaucoma, but controls the intraocular pressure and prevents further damage to the optic nerve. It is effective for open-angle glaucoma only. Lumigan also is not approved for children. You should not use Lumigan while wearing contacts. Place the drops in your eye and wait at least 15 minutes before replacing your contacts.  Using Lumigan while wearing your contacts may ruin them. Lumigan can cause a darkening in the color of the iris and the eyelids permanently.

Using more Lumigan than prescribed by your doctor may alter the effectiveness of the medication. Don't discontinue Lumigan even if you begin to feel better.

Continue Learning about Antiglaucoma

Is there a generic version of Travatan Z?
There is no generic version of Travatan Z (travoprost), a prescription eyedrop to treat glaucoma as ...
What are cholinergic agonists?
Cholinergic agonist medications stimulate the involuntary nervous system. This helps the lacrimal gl...
When should I use pilocarpine eye inserts?
You should use pilocarpine inserts at night before you go to bed, unless your doctor tells you diffe...
Do cholinergic agonists have any side effects?
Side effects may include fatigue, insomnia, excess sweating, hot flashes, excess saliva, nose or lun...