What should I know about carbachol intraocular solution before receiving?

Carbachol intraocular solution should not be administered if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. Tell your doctor if you have a history of retinal disease, if you have had a retinal tear, cataract surgery or if you are nearsighted. It is not known if carbachol intraocular solution is harmful to a developing fetus or if it is passed on in breast milk. It should be used cautiously if you have heart failure, asthma, a peptic ulcer or other intestinal or stomach problem, an overactive thyroid, urinary tract obstruction or Parkinson's disease. You should also know that the miosis, constriction of the pupil, can cause problems with adapting to the dark. You may need to avoid driving in low light or at night.

Continue Learning about Antiglaucoma

When should I use pilocarpine eye inserts?
You should use pilocarpine inserts at night before you go to bed, unless your doctor tells you diffe...
Do cholinergic agonists have any side effects?
Side effects may include fatigue, insomnia, excess sweating, hot flashes, excess saliva, nose or lun...
Is there a generic version of Travatan Z?
There is no generic version of Travatan Z (travoprost), a prescription eyedrop to treat glaucoma as ...
What should I know before taking a cholinergic agonist?
If you have asthma, cholinergic agonists may not be good options for you. If your asthma is severe, ...