How should I use Xalatan?

Xalatan is a solution that is placed in the eyes. The usual dose is one drop in each eye, once per day, generally in the evening. If you are taking other eye drops for your eye condition, you should wait at least five minutes after the Xalatan before you apply other drops. If you are wearing contact lenses, you should remove them before using the Xalatan and then wait at least 15 minutes after using Xalatan before reinserting the contacts. To decrease risk of infection, wash your hands carefully before touching the eye drops. Make sure the tip of the dropper does not touch another object, including your hands or the eye and surrounding area, as it could contaminate the dropper and spread infection to your eye.

Continue Learning about Antiglaucoma

When should I use pilocarpine eye inserts?
You should use pilocarpine inserts at night before you go to bed, unless your doctor tells you diffe...
What should I know before taking a cholinergic agonist?
If you have asthma, cholinergic agonists may not be good options for you. If your asthma is severe, ...
Do cholinergic agonists have any side effects?
Side effects may include fatigue, insomnia, excess sweating, hot flashes, excess saliva, nose or lun...
What are cholinergic agonists?
Cholinergic agonist medications stimulate the involuntary nervous system. This helps the lacrimal gl...