How should I use Azopt?

You should use Azopt exactly as directed by your doctor. Typically, this will be one drop in each eye three times daily. Wash your hands before using Azopt. Make sure to not touch the applicator tip to any surface, including the eye and hand. Tilt your head back and gently lift the lower eyelid away from the eye and apply the drop. Then, gently release the eyelid and without blinking, close the eye. Next, using your index finger, apply pressure to the inner corner of the eye for one or two minutes to make sure the medicine is absorbed. Repeat the process on the other eye. Replace the cap on the dropper bottle, close tightly and wash your hands to remove any traces of the medicine.

Continue Learning about Antiglaucoma

When should I use pilocarpine eye inserts?
You should use pilocarpine inserts at night before you go to bed, unless your doctor tells you diffe...
What are cholinergic agonists?
Cholinergic agonist medications stimulate the involuntary nervous system. This helps the lacrimal gl...
Is there a generic version of Travatan Z?
There is no generic version of Travatan Z (travoprost), a prescription eyedrop to treat glaucoma as ...
Do cholinergic agonists have any side effects?
Side effects may include fatigue, insomnia, excess sweating, hot flashes, excess saliva, nose or lun...