How can I minimize the side effects of Travatan Z?

You can minimize the side effects of Travatan Z (travoprost), a prescription eyedrop to treat glaucoma as well as high pressure within the eye, by taking it exactly as it is prescribed and telling your doctor about any side effects you experience.

Travatan Z often causes pinkeye (conjunctivitis), so tell your doctor if you get this side effect. You doctor may recommend a different dosage, pair Travatan Z with another medication or take you off the drug entirely.

Travatan Z can cause a permanent darkening of the iris of the eye (turning it brown), cause your eyelashes to darken and grow longer and cause the skin around the eye to darken (which may be reversible).

Continue Learning about Antiglaucoma

What are cholinergic agonists?
Cholinergic agonist medications stimulate the involuntary nervous system. This helps the lacrimal gl...
What should I know before taking a cholinergic agonist?
If you have asthma, cholinergic agonists may not be good options for you. If your asthma is severe, ...
When should I use pilocarpine eye inserts?
You should use pilocarpine inserts at night before you go to bed, unless your doctor tells you diffe...
Do cholinergic agonists have any side effects?
Side effects may include fatigue, insomnia, excess sweating, hot flashes, excess saliva, nose or lun...