How can I minimize the side effects of pilocarpine?

You can minimize the side effects of pilocarpine by following directions carefully and only taking or using the amount presdribed. Do not skip doses and do not double up on doses if you miss one. Take the tablets with a full glass of water, and while you are on pilocarpine, drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration. Be careful, and do not overdo it when exercising or outside in humid or warm temperatures. Carefully ccount the drops or measure the gel for the eye medications. Talk to your doctor about additional ways to manage the side effects of pilocarpine.

Continue Learning about Antiglaucoma

Is there a generic version of Travatan Z?
There is no generic version of Travatan Z (travoprost), a prescription eyedrop to treat glaucoma as ...
Do cholinergic agonists have any side effects?
Side effects may include fatigue, insomnia, excess sweating, hot flashes, excess saliva, nose or lun...
What are cholinergic agonists?
Cholinergic agonist medications stimulate the involuntary nervous system. This helps the lacrimal gl...
What should I know before taking a cholinergic agonist?
If you have asthma, cholinergic agonists may not be good options for you. If your asthma is severe, ...