How do I use Latisse (bimatoprost ophthalmic)?

Follow any directions that your doctor or pharmacist gives you for using Latisse (bimatoprost ophthalmic), as well as the written directions that come with the medication. Latisse should be applied only once a day, at night. Clinical trials show that applying Latisse more frequently than prescribed will not make your eyelashes grow more. Make sure to take out your contact lenses and wash your face, taking special care to remove eye makeup before you apply Latisse. Latisse comes with a disposable applicator with which you apply the solution along the skin at the base of the eyelash line. It is only approved for use on the upper eyelid; do not apply it to your lower lash line. Once you apply the solution to one eye with the applicator, throw it away. Use a cloth or tissue to soak up any extra solution that has dripped outside your eyelash line. Then, use a new applicator on your other eye, following the same directions for the first eye.

Continue Learning about Antiglaucoma

Do cholinergic agonists have any side effects?
Side effects may include fatigue, insomnia, excess sweating, hot flashes, excess saliva, nose or lun...
When should I use pilocarpine eye inserts?
You should use pilocarpine inserts at night before you go to bed, unless your doctor tells you diffe...
Is there a generic version of Travatan Z?
There is no generic version of Travatan Z (travoprost), a prescription eyedrop to treat glaucoma as ...
What should I know before taking a cholinergic agonist?
If you have asthma, cholinergic agonists may not be good options for you. If your asthma is severe, ...