How does dorzolamide and timolol treat open-angle glaucoma?

Dorzolamide and timolol treats ocular hypertension, which is caused by elevated pressure in the eye, in patients with open-angle glaucoma or in those who do not respond adequately to beta-blockers.

The components of this drug, dorzolamide (a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor) and timolol (a beta-blocker), work together to lower pressure in the eye.

Continue Learning about Antiglaucoma

What should I know before taking a cholinergic agonist?
If you have asthma, cholinergic agonists may not be good options for you. If your asthma is severe, ...
Is there a generic version of Travatan Z?
There is no generic version of Travatan Z (travoprost), a prescription eyedrop to treat glaucoma as ...
When should I use pilocarpine eye inserts?
You should use pilocarpine inserts at night before you go to bed, unless your doctor tells you diffe...
What are cholinergic agonists?
Cholinergic agonist medications stimulate the involuntary nervous system. This helps the lacrimal gl...