Dorzolamide hydrochloride ophthalmic solution, or dorzolamide, is used to treat open-angle glaucoma and hypertension of the eye. Dorzolamide reduces the level of fluid in the eye, and thus reduces the pressure inside of the eye. Dorzolamide is a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor drug that is applied as a topical solution to the eye. This medication requires a doctor’s prescription. Dorzolamide is manufactured under the brand name Trusopt.
- Q What should I know about dorzolamide before taking it?
- Q Is dorzolamide safe for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Q Does dorzolamide interact with other medications or foods?
- Q How should I take dorzolamide?
- Q What side effects does Dorzolamide (Trusopt) cause?
- Q How does dorzolamide treat eye pressure?