How does bimatoprost ophthalmic interact with other drugs or foods?

Bimatoprost ophthalmic solution for glaucoma does not have any known drug interactions. Since it is a topical eye medication, it is unlikely to interact with other drugs or foods entering the bloodstream. However, used along with other similar medications, it may actually reduce the ability of the drug to do its job, or to lower the pressure inside of the eye. It is always a good idea to tell your doctor about any prescription or over-the-counter drugs, eye drops, vitamins or supplements you are taking before using bimatoprost ophthalmic. If you are using bimatoprost ophthalmic solution for glaucoma, let your doctor know if you wear soft contact lenses.

Continue Learning about Antiglaucoma

Is there a generic version of Travatan Z?
There is no generic version of Travatan Z (travoprost), a prescription eyedrop to treat glaucoma as ...
What should I know before taking a cholinergic agonist?
If you have asthma, cholinergic agonists may not be good options for you. If your asthma is severe, ...
When should I use pilocarpine eye inserts?
You should use pilocarpine inserts at night before you go to bed, unless your doctor tells you diffe...
Do cholinergic agonists have any side effects?
Side effects may include fatigue, insomnia, excess sweating, hot flashes, excess saliva, nose or lun...