Will clotrimazole cure my jock itch?

Clotrimazole is one of several types of fungus-killing treatments you can use to deal with the discomfort of jock itch, which is also known as tinea cruris.  This unpleasant problem occurs on the skin around the groin. It not only causes itching, but may also produce red, scaly skin that blisters. Try applying clotrimazole cream to the afflicted patch of skin twice a day for two weeks. Also, be sure to keep the skin around the groin clean and dry. Men are more likely to develop tinea cruris, but women are not immune.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...
What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...