Who should not receive micafungin?

You should not take micafungin if you are allergic to it or if you have kidney or liver disease. Having those conditions may require your doctor to alter your dose or conduct special tests to ensure the safety of using this drug. Use of this drug may not be advisable if you are pregnant, as it could be harmful to a fetus. You also may not want to use this drug if you are breastfeeding, as it is not known if it can pass to an infant through breast milk.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...
What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...