What should I avoid while using miconazole?

When using miconazole, you should not stop your regimen before the end of the treatment cycle. You need to use all the prescribed medication. With certain forms of miconazole, you will need to avoid putting tight coverings or clothing over the treated area for a period of time after application. Try to wear lightweight clothing or cotton fabric. If using miconazole vaginal suppositories, you will need to avoid getting up again after application, which is why it is recommended that you use the suppositories at night, right before bedtime.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...
What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...