What is the proper dose of flucytosine?

Your doctor will prescribe a dosage of flucytosine for you based on your weight. Typically, this dosage is 50 to 150 milligrams (mg.) /per kilograms/per day. Ancobon, the brand name of this medicine, is taken in divided doses at six hour intervals.  This medicine is available as 250 mg. or 500 mg. capsules.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...
What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...