What is miconazole nitrate zinc oxide?

Miconazole-zinc oxide is a combination ointment formulation of the active ingredients miconazole and zinc oxide. It is used to treat diaper rash accompanied by documented yeast infection. Miconazole is an antifungal that kills fungus (yeast) and zinc oxide is a protecting agent that keeps the area from becoming wet or irritated. Miconazole-zinc oxide works best if the area is kept clean and dry during treatment. It is sold by prescription under the brand name Vusion.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...
What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...