What should I know about sulconazole before using it?

Sulconazole should be applied only to the skin. You should not allow it to enter your mouth, eyes or nose. As with all medications you should use sulconazole exactly as ordered by your doctor, and take it for as long as recommended. To avoid undue irritation, do not place airtight coverings over the treated area of the skin. If you are an older adult, you may be more likely to develop side effects from sulconazole. The possibility of other drugs interacting with sulconazole is low because it is a topical treatment, and very little of this drug is absorbed into the rest of the body. Sulconazole is classified as a pregnancy Category C drug, which means that it might harm your unborn child if you use it during your pregnancy. It is not known whether sulconazole will be harmful to your baby if you use it while you are breastfeeding. Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you plan on becoming pregnant, so your doctor can decide whether you should use sulconazole. You should not use this drug if you have an allergy to any of the ingredients in the cream or liquid.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...
What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...