What is sulconazole?

Sulconazole is a prescription medication used to treat fungal infections of the skin. It is classified as an antifungal agent and acts by stopping the growth of or killing the fungus. Sulconazole is approved for use in the treatment of ringworm infection of the body, feet (also known as athlete's foot), groin (tinea cruris, or jock itch) and tinea versicolor, which is also known as the sun fungus, a fungal infection of the skin of the chest, back, upper arms, neck and face. Sulconazole may also be used for the treatment of another fungal infection of the skin called cutaneous candidiasis. It is available only by prescription and is supplied as either a cream or a liquid. Sulconazole is sold in the United States under the brand name Exelderm.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...
What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...