What is posaconazole?

Posaconazole is a prescription medication used to treat and help prevent fungal infections. These infections include: aspergillosis, candidemia and oral thrush. Posaconazole is used to treat adults and children 13 years of age and older with weakened immune systems. It is available under the brand name Noxafil.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...
What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...