What is nystatin-triamcinolone?

Nystatin-triamcinolone is a prescription combination of the antifungal nystatin and the steroid triamcinolone. Together they are used to treat skin infections caused by fungus or yeast. Nystatin-triamcinolone is prescribed as a cream or an ointment that you apply to the affected part of your skin. Working together, the nystatin helps prevent the growth of the fungus or yeast, and the triamcinolone reduces redness, swelling, or inflammation caused by the infection. Nystatin-triamcinolone is a generic medication that is sold under a variety of brand names, including Mycogen II, Mytrex, Mycolog-II, Mycasone, Myco Biotic II, N.T.A., Myco-Triacet II, Tri-Statin II, Nyst-Olone II, and Mycomar.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...
What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...