What is Micatin?

Micatin (miconazole) is a topical antifungal medication used to prevent the growth of fungus on the skin. Micatin also is used to treat existing fungal infection. It is mainly prescribed to treat athlete's foot, jock itch and ringworm. Micatin helps to relieve symptoms of itching, burning and scaling associated with these fungal infections. Your doctor also may prescribe Micatin to treat tinea versicolor, a fungal infection that discolors the skin. The Micatin products are no longer available on the US market.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...
What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...