Lotrimin AF is the brand name used for two different active ingredients, both of which are antifungal medication used to treat infections caused by susceptible fungi. The active ingredient in Lotrimin AF Topical Cream and Lotrimin AF Jock Itch Cream is called clotrimazole. The active ingredient in Lotrimin AF Topical Powder, Lotrimin AF Topical Spray Powder and Lotrimin AF Topical Spray Solution is miconazole. Clotrimazole and miconazole both exert their effects by altering the fungal cell membrane, inhibiting an enzyme necessary for the formation of the membrane.
- Q Who should not use Lotrimin AF?
- Q Should I let my doctor know that I am using Lotrimin AF?
- Q What's the difference between Lotrimin AF and other antifungal medications?
- Q How do I use Lotrimin AF to treat my athlete’s foot?
- Q What are the risks of using Lotrimin AF?
- Q What is the most common side effect of Lotrimin AF?