What is Gris-PEG?

Gris-PEG is the brand name for the active ingredient griseofulvin as the ultramicrocrystalline tablet. Griseofulvin is an anitfungal medication that's used to treat infections of the hair, skin and nails, caused by susceptible fungi. Gris-PEG works by stopping the growth of fungi by interfering with cell division. It is often used for fungal infections that don't respond to creams or ointments.  

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...
What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...