What is flucytosine?

Flucytosine is a medication that treats fungal infections. It’s used for serious infections, including those affecting the lungs, heart, blood and urinary tract. It also treats infections of the brain and spinal cord. The medicine also treats meningitis, a fungal infection of the brain. Flucytosine can be taken as a capsule or a tablet.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...
What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...