What is fluconazole?

Fluconazole is an antifungal used to treat infections caused by susceptible fungi. It is available as in intravenous solution for injection, tablet and powder for oral liquid. Among the infections it treats are those of the mouth, throat, lungs, blood, vagina and abdomen (this is the area between the chest and waist). Fluconazole also treats infections of the esophagus (the swallowing tube going from the mouth to the stomach) and vagina.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...
What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...