Econazole nitrate cream is the topical cream formulation of econazole nitrate. It is the name of the salt and the same as econazole. It is an antifungal topical cream used for treatment of fungal skin infections caused by susceptible fungi or yeast. It is used for jock itch, tinea versicolor, yeast infections, ringworm and athlete's foot. The brand name for econazole is Spectazole which is, however, no longer available in the United States. Econazole is available as a generic product.
- Q What should I know about econazole nitrate cream before using it?
- Q Who should not use econazole nitrate cream?
- Q What should I know about econazole nitrate before using it?
- Q Who should not use econazole nitrate?
- Q Does econazole nitrate cream interact with other medications?
- Q What are the side effects of econazole nitrate cream?