What is econazole nitrate?

Econazole nitrate is the name of the salt and the same as econazole. It is an antifungal topical cream used for treatment of fungal skin infections caused by susceptible fungi or yeast. It is used for jock itch, tinea versicolor, yeast infections, ringworm and athlete's foot. The brand name for econazole is Spectazole which is, however, no longer available in the United States. Econazole is available as a generic product.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...
What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...