What is clotrimazole?

Clotrimazole is used to treat and prevent skin infections caused by a fungus. You probably aren't aware of it, but fungus is all around us. Some forms thrive on skin, hair, and nails. Clotrimazole is sold as a cream, powder, solution or lozenge (known as troches). It may be used to treat several different uncomfortable skin disorders caused by fungal infections. They include vaginal yeast infections, jock itch, athlete's foot and ringworm. Troches may be used to treat thrush, an infection that causes sores in the mouth lining and tongue.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...
What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...