What is ciclopirox topical solution?

Ciclopirox topical solution contains the active ingredient ciclopirox in a fingernail lacquer formulation. Ciclopirox belongs to the class of drugs known as antifungals. It works by interfering with the cell membrane of susceptible fungi. Ciclopirox fingernail lacquer solution treats the fungus that causes fungal infections of the finger and toenails. It is topically applied to the nail bed and surrounding skin with the applicator brush that is provided with the solution.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...
What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...